If you’ve found yourself struggling to decide whether to install a swimming pool or a hot tub in your garden, you’ve come to the right place. Many people find themselves wondering exactly what the differences are and which one will suit their lifestyle and requirements best. While lots of people think of a hot tub – or spa – as a small pool, it’s important to remember that they’re actually quite different.
A hot tub is a perfect place to relax and enhance your well-being with hydrotherapy and whirlpools, whereas a pool (either above ground or in-ground) offers leisure activities for the whole family and is generally more focused on recreation and exercise.
In this article, we take a look at the main differences between swimming pools and hot tubs and which one may be best for you.
Above Ground or In-Ground Swimming Pools
If you have space, a swimming pool is a great addition to any garden. It’s the perfect place to take a refreshing dip on a hot summer’s day, a great way to have some family fun, the ideal place to teach your children water safety and how to swim – and an easy way to get some exercise in too! Let’s take a look at these advantages in some more detail:
Advantages of Garden Swimming Pools
● Child-friendly. Swimming pools are child-friendly; in fact, kids love them! Installing a swimming pool will give your children a childhood they’ll never forget – it’s the perfect way to keep them entertained while promoting exercise too. There’s plenty of fun pool accessories you can invest in, from rubber rings and pool noodles to bouncy balls and lilos.
● Teach your children to swim. Pools can be a great tool for teaching your children all about water safety and how to swim. Teaching your children about water safety from a young age is important, and what better way than in your own back garden? Children who grow up around water are generally more comfortable around it and develop essential water skills quicker than those who don’t have access to a pool or take swimming lessons. There are lots of items you can invest in to help you teach your kids to swim, including armbands and floats.
● Cool water on a hot day. When the weather is hot outside, many of us crave a refreshing cool-down in water. When you own a swimming pool, you don’t need to jump in a cold shower to cool off – instead, take a dip in your pool! Swimming pools provide you with a private, personal space to cool down and relax in your own garden.
● Exercise. Pools aren’t just for entertainment – they’re the perfect place to exercise too, whether it’s swimming or water aerobics. Swimming pools provide the opportunity to keep your body fit and healthy; swimming is a great exercise that uses lots of muscles in your body. Water aerobics is also a great way to control weight and keep fit.
● Well-being. In addition to exercise and fitness, swimming also has a range of health benefits too. Swimming regularly can help to reduce stress and improve your sleep, as well as improve your coordination, balance and flexibility. Lowering your stress levels and getting plenty of sleep helps to improve your well-being and mental health.
● Size and design. Your swimming pool can be as big or small as you want and you have the luxury and flexibility to design it exactly as you wish. If you have lots of space in your back garden, your pool can be as big and luxurious as you’d like. Larger pools are great for swimming in, but they can also fit lots of people in for fun pool parties, games and activities too.
● Boost the value of your home. A garden pool installation will not only make your garden look luxurious, but it can also boost the overall value of your home too. Swimming pools can be a unique selling feature, attracting potential buyers to your home if you’re looking to sell up.
● Maintenance. Owning a pool does require some maintenance and work to ensure your pool stays clean and safe to use. Fortunately, if you don’t have the time to maintain your pool and keep it in top condition, there are plenty of pool maintenance companies around to give you a hand.
● Cost. If you want a big, luxurious pool, it does come with a price tag, especially if you’re planning to add landscape features such as decks, fencing, etc. However, the cost of a pool is truly worth it!
Hot tubs are the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. Whether you want to enjoy a hydromassage or simply enjoy a cocktail sat in the tub, they’re ideal for people who want to create a relaxation hub in the privacy and comfort of their own garden. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of a hot tub installation:
Advantages of hot tubs
● Hydrotherapy. Hydrotherapy is suitable for people of all ages and the benefits are endless. Hot water can help to relieve muscle soreness, improve circulation and reduce joint pain. This is ideal for those who suffer from muscle and joint problems, or simply anyone who wants to relax and soothe their muscles after a long day. Investing in a hot tub and taking regular dips can help you alleviate pain and achieve a better night’s sleep.
● Relocatable. Hot tubs are fairly small in comparison to swimming pools – but, for some, this is a huge advantage. Hot tubs are ideal for those with smaller gardens who don’t have room for a swimming pool. They can also be easily moved around and relocated, making it easy to change up your garden or move it to a new property.
● Relaxation. Is there really anything more relaxing than stepping into a hot tub after a long day at work or on a cool summer’s evening? If you’re looking for less fun and more relaxation, a hot tub may be more suitable for you than a pool. The warm bubbling water creates a calming, soothing effect that will leave you feeling rejuvenated.
● Less maintenance. Compared with a garden swimming pool, hot tubs require less maintenance. This means you can spend more time relaxing in them and less time cleaning them out! However, it’s important to remember that they still do require maintenance and will quickly deteriorate without it!
● Cost. Generally, hot tubs are less expensive than swimming pools, especially if you opt for a more basic model. If you want to create a small relaxing area in your garden, a hot tub is a perfect addition.
Mosaic Swimming Pools and Spas: swimming pool design and installation services
If you dream of having a luxurious swimming pool in your garden, look no further than Mosaic Swimming Pools and Spas. As one of the most well-renowned and experienced swimming pool companies in Northampton, you needn’t look further than us for custom pool services. With over three decades of experience in the industry, the team at Mosaic Swimming Pools and Spas construct high-quality pools for indoors and outdoors, provide pool maintenance services, extend and renovate existing pools and provide swimming pool design services.
For more information about us or to learn more about our swimming pool installation services, simply enquire today.